To apply for the PMP, you need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
How to Prepare
- Visit PMI's PMP Exam Prep page for useful tips and links.
- Purchase PMP Exam Prep material for self study. Example can be found at Amazon: PMP Exam Prep
- Use MSU's free resources. Found at MSU Library resources.
- Find a PMP Training Session at a Local PMI Chapter near you: PMI Chapters
PMP Certification Costs
Computer-based testing (CBT) for members is $405
Computer-based testing (CBT) for nonmembers is $555
Read the PMP Handbook for additional costs.